Today we are going to learn the following topics:
- Set up a simple mobile Android testing environment
- Start Genymotion Android virtual devices and connect these devices to your computer
- Run some automated tests on them; chosen framework is Espresso
- Stop Genymotion Android virtual devices
After this workshop, you will be able to easily scale your tests for any other Android mobile testing framework you might already use.
This workshop is broken into the sections list below. Estimated time for completing the workshop is 1-1.5 hours.
- Prerequisites (5 minutes) Provision a Cloud9 instance and validate
- Setup (30 minutes) Install necessary tooling to complete the lab
- Scale Android tests with Genymotion (30 minutes) Automate the start of the devices, the execution of the tests and the stop of the devices